fbpx

Is Mandarin/English Schooling Right For Your Child?

Take The Free Quiz

Designed and built with care, filled with creative elements

Follow Us_
Top

About HongDe Elementary

  /  About HongDe Elementary

Welcome to HongDe Elementary School!

#100-688 West Hastings St., Vancouver, BC V6B 1P1 • Phone: (604) 416-0386

Welcome to HongDe Elementary!

Unlocking Potential, Inspiring Excellence!

HongDe Elementary School is a certified Not-For-Profit Kindergarten through Grade 5 Independent School approved by the BC Ministry of Education. We pride ourselves on offering an immersive Mandarin/English bilingual program combined with a vibrant Fine Arts curriculum.

In our unique learning environment, 40% of the K-7 curriculum is delivered in Chinese (Mandarin), providing students with a deep understanding of the language and culture. The remaining 60% of learning unfolds in the richness of English, ensuring comprehensive development in both languages.

At HongDe Elementary, we are dedicated to unlocking the potential of every student and inspiring excellence in all aspects of their education. Our holistic approach nurtures academic excellence, cultural appreciation, and artistic expression, preparing students for success in a globalized world.

Come dive into a world of opportunity at HongDe Elementary School, where language, culture, and creativity converge to shape tomorrow’s leaders.

BC Ministry of Education Accredited
BC Ministry of Education Accredited
Bilingual BC Curriculum (Mandarin & English)
Bilingual BC Curriculum (Mandarin & English)
Embracing Multicultural Learning
Embracing Multicultural Learning
Academic Excellence
Academic Excellence
Dedicated to the Virtues Project
Dedicated to the Virtues Project
Proud Member of FISA BC
Proud Member of FISA BC

Vision, Mission, Goals

Mission

At HongDe Elementary School, our mission is to provide an exceptional education that embraces both traditional Chinese and Western cultural values, while instilling virtues and character strengths essential for success in society.

Vision

Our vision is to offer a bilingual Mandarin/English education within a secure and nurturing learning environment that caters to the unique needs of every student. We aim to empower students to achieve their full academic, social, physical, and spiritual potential. Through our curriculum, we facilitate the acquisition of Mandarin proficiency and a deep understanding of Chinese culture, fostering bilingual and bicultural competence. We strive to cultivate global citizens who can analyze and interpret the world through diverse perspectives.

Goals

▶ Foster a safe and supportive school environment where every student feels valued and respected.

▶ Cultivate positive and respectful relationships among all members of the school community.

▶ Cultivate a consistent and equitable positive school culture.

▶ Encourage positive social behaviors both within and beyond the classroom.

▶ Promote student voice and active participation in school activities.

▶ Instill a sense of responsibility and accountability in all students.

▶ Implement timely interventions to address any issues that may arise.

▶ Establish meaningful connections with the local community to enrich the educational experience.

At HongDe Elementary, we are committed to providing a caring and supportive environment where every student can thrive and realize their full potential. We uphold high standards of behavior and engagement, fostering a culture of respect and achievement. Through recognizing individual accomplishments and nurturing positive self-esteem, we empower our students to succeed academically and personally.

 Land Acknowledgment 

HongDe Elementary School is situated on unceded, traditional and ancestral territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish) and səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples. We are grateful to have the opportunity to work in this territory.