Designed and built with care, filled with creative elements

Top

a

Fine Arts Program

a

Mandarin Bilingual Program

a

Registration

Chinese (Mandarin) Billingual Program

HongDe Elementary School is a BC Ministry of Education registered Not-For-Profit Kindergarten — Grade 7 Bilingual School, offering a Chinese (Mandarin) program.

 Throughout K-7 grades, 40% of the curriculum will be taught in Chinese (Mandarin), and the other 60% will be taught in English.

School Bus Pick Up and Drop-Off

We provide two school buses that cover three cities:
— Vancouver
— Richmond and
— Burnaby

Why Choose HongDe Bilingual School

The earlier a child is introduced to a language, the greater the chance they will become truly proficient in it.

Curriculum Taught in Chinese

Chinese Language Arts, Arts Education (Dance, Music, Visual Arts and Drama), Physical Education and Health Education.

Core Curriculum Taught in English

English Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Career Education, and Applied Design, Skills and Technologies.

Our Teachers

Linda Spruston, Consultant, Former Principal

B.Ed. (UBC), MA (UBC), Former Elementary Principal for the Burnaby School District.

Pei-Zhen Chiu

I have a Bachelor Education degree from Simon Fraser University, and Fine Art degree from Emily Carr University. I am a certified British Columbia teacher, I have experience teaching K-Grade 12 students in British Columbia and speak both Mandarin and English fluently.

Mary Distefano

I received two degrees from the University of Manitoba. I have a Bachelor of Art degree with a major in English Literature and a minor in Psychology; as well, I attained a Bed degree with a major in English Language Arts and a minor in Social Studies. I have many years of varied teaching experiences as a provincial certified teacher.

Cindy Chan

Master of Music, University of British Columbia. Bachelor of Music, Hong Kong Baptist University.

Kaili Che

Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Dance with Distinction and an added concentration in Dance Pedagogy, University of Calgary. Kaili Che is an emerging Chinese-Canadian freelance dance artist and educator.

Jennifer Lin

I have a MA degree in teaching Chinese as a foreign language at National Taiwan Normal University, Fine Arts degree from Emily Carr University, and Early Childhood Educator BC certificate.  I have over 15 years of experience in teaching Chinese, and am certified by Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK).

School Services

We are a well-rounded non-profit private school offering additional services.

a Certified

We are certified to operate by the Ministry of Independent Schools.

a After School Program

After School Teacher supervises students from 3:15pm to 6:15pm during the school day.

Learning Multiculturalism

Coursework focuses on the application of language to real life situations and also on deepening an understanding of the cultural and spiritual aspects inherent in the language.

a Food and Nutrition

We provide nutritional hot lunches for the students. Please send your child with a healthy, nut-free morning snack.

a Health Education

We believe in a whole school approach to health and wellness. We focus on the following four areas: healthy eating; healthy relationships; physical activity; and positive mental health.

a Physical Education

Students learn the functions and benefits of Physical Education to support character strengths.

Register your child for HongDe School’s Bilingual Program starting September 2021.